Tuesday, July 27, 2004

A Scary Thing

about blogging, is that I can stay up WAAAYYY too late, write bad poetry, and actually choose to share it with unknown others...

A Psalm of Today

Oh Lord, oh Lord - have you forsaken me?
Where once I heard your voice
calling me to walks in the cool air,
to deep soul conversations -
Now the voice of chips and chocolate,
the boom of midnight blog words,
the load roar of dirty dishes
and a growing sleep deficit
fill my inner ear.

My soul is weakened, listless.
Longing to hear your voice, I turn
once again, towards you.
From you, who has never left my side,
I ask again, "Abba, daddy, do
you love me?"

Peace
begins to dampen the noise,
to fill the empty spaces,
as I stand and brush off
some of the mud that still clings.
Though dirty and bedraggled,
faint strains of music flow around us as
slowly my hand creeps into yours
and you show me where to put my foot
next, in this dance
you are teaching me.

No comments: