Thursday, August 05, 2004

In The Land of Joshua Trees

I'm visiting in the Mojave Desert, getting to look at those crazy Joshua Trees once again. We had planned to come spend some time with my parents this week, only not under these circumstances. My dad, who has emphasema, went into the hospital on Sunday with bad chest pains and they still don't know why he had them - so tomorrow they are going to do an Angio-something-or-other, to check out his arteries and fix them up if they need to. He doesn't feel bad now, so hopefully the procedure will not be too hard on him, and he'll get to come home soon. But tomorrow is for hospital waiting rooms and prayer...

I'm glad I can be here with my mom, and that my husband can be here with my kids when we're at the hospital (which is an hour drive away).

UPDATE, 7:00PM: Dad is fine and coming home tomorrow!

2 comments:

bobbie said...

will be praying for him, and for you and your mother. i've spent a lot of time in waiting rooms, they can be horrible places.

bobbie said...

praise god!